Other Machine Co. is a Berkeley-based hardware & software startup. We care about widespread public access to digital design and desktop manufacturing tools. We believe that hardware should be robust, software experiences should be seamless, and a great community is the foundation for meaningful customer relationships.
At OMC, the executive assistant position has a front-row seat to the operations of a small manufacturing business. This role works directly with the CEO and touches nearly all areas of business operations. If you want to run your own business someday, this is a great opportunity.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating communication.
- Manages executive’s phone calls and email.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, video conferences, and travel.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Supports the sales process by preparing quotes and vendor applications for potential customers, managing inbound and outbound communication with open deals, invoicing customers post-purchase, and following up to gather feedback on satisfaction.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Works with Zenefits, Intuit, and the company’s accounting team to ensure timely handling of accounts payable.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this position is extremely organized and lightning fast with all correspondence. An ability to anticipate the needs of the CEO and the team is strongly favored. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. Applicants must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Dropbox or equivalent. Applicants should love time management, travel logistics, and scheduling. The ability to perform research and create meaningful reports is preferred. At OMC, the executive assistant must also be tenacious at follow-up, due to the responsibility for communicating with potential customers. Experience editing documents for grammar and content is a bonus qualification. Enthusiasm for crafts, making, and gadgets is a plus.
This is a full-time position, in Berkeley, CA. Compensation is $15-18/hr, commensurate with experience, plus benefits. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do what we do because we believe that the future of hardware is small-batch, ultra-customized, and on-demand. When we think about the future we see manufacturing and prototyping in a fully-distributed model, with large and small companies fabricating custom products locally and on demand. Our products put high-precision manufacturing capabilities in the hands of many people, often for the first time. We enable these people, saving them time and money, and we open doors for them in terms of employment mobility and pathways to modern technical relevance through hands-on education.Apply